Monday, March 9, 2009

On the bench -part deux




So, I posted this a few months ago...and we are still trying to sort out a seating arrangement for our dining room table. We did purchase a very affordable bench from Ikea but we are a bit lost as to the rest of the space. At the moment, we have an odd assortment of found chairs, flea market deals etc...
What do you all think of benches on both sides of the table? Practical? Impractical? Suggestions or inspiration please...
xx
Some images found on style-files

7 comments:

Lisa Parks said...

i love them all. i love your blog.

Apt. #34 said...

I've been on a bench kick - totally love the look

Joyce said...

The bench on each side could be fun!

pve design said...

I love a bench, but for sitting for long periods over leisurely dinners, I'd call the chair. We had a banquette built in our kitchen and my kids love it.
It is an L shape with storage underneath, or hide and seek spot.
great inspiration shots....
pve

Biba said...

Fab pictures! I love the benches but also love an eclectic mix of chairs too. If you have a gut feeling on which to go for - go with that, always works for me :)

Dallas Shaw said...

the window in the 2nd photo is perfect.
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Tilda B. Hervé said...

I'm a big bank fan!! The floor on the last picture is absolutely stunning, do you know more about the owner or maker of this floor? apropos, cool blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...