Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Phone Date

I have started a phone date with one of my oldest and dearest friends, (and amazingly talented graphic designer) - Loo. We call each other every Thursday morning and just touch base. Our check in phone dates are something I look forward to each week. Maybe we follow up on a doctor's visit, updates on our families, challenges of being a mother and juggling a career, nothing prolific but keeps us current on the latest in our respective lives. I read somewhere that having a community or a regular gathering with friends increases one's longevity and health. In fact, this article stated that a once a month meeting of friends, just once a month, can really improve one's well being. I like that. 
image from here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...